So the other day, I was browsing through the stacks at the Denton Public Library when this book jumped off the shelf at me.
The subject of talent always fascinates me so I checked it out. John Maxwell lists thirteen key elements that complement talent and his list immediately spoke to me:
1. Belief lifts your talent.
2. Passion energizes your talent.
3. Initiative activates your talent.
4. Focus directs your talent.
5. Preparation positions your talent.
6. Practice sharpens your talent.
7. Perseverance sustains your talent.
8. Courage tests your talent.
9. Teachability expands your talent.
10. Character protects your talent.
11. Relationships influence your talent.
12. Responsibility strengthens your talent.
13. Teamwork multiplies your talent.
This is not a music book but what a great roadmap to becoming a well
rounded artist! Each chapter covers each of these key elements and
includes though-provoking exercises at the the end of each section to
help develop them. The book is peppered with inspiring quotes and a
little bit of humor. It only occasionally gets just a bit cheesy.
What are your views on talent?